up2now is an online tool provided by the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for NSW high school students to record, organise and share their achievements.
NESA replaced the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards NSW (BOSTES) on 1 January 2017.
NESA has an increased focus on:
- developing evidence-based policy to improve student achievement and support teachers
- risk-based monitoring of Teacher Accreditation Authorities and schools
Any NESA-registered school in NSW that has students from Years 7–12 can register to use up2now. Your school must be registered for students to use up2now. The service is free.
What can students create on up2now?
Students can have many portfolios on the site. For example, you can:
- create resumes to apply for jobs
- create applications for University/TAFE etc
- have an art portfolio to showcase your artwork/photography
- export your portfolio as a PDF to print or email
- generate a unique website url for prospective employers, education bodies, etc
- remove the url at any time.
If your school is not registered, talk to your career advisor or your school office. It is up to the school to decide to use up2now.
More information is available on the FAQ page.